Why Work With Me
In an effort to be completely transparent about my qualifications of career consulting, here is what I do and do not have in terms of experience.
If you’re looking for someone who:
- Has an HR degree
- Works in Finance or Banking
- Has experience with applying to those types of jobs
Then I am not your woman.
But here’s what I do have:
- A law degree that, if nothing else, taught me how to say a lot in a small amount of space and with the biggest impact
- The experience of running the gauntlet of applying to over 2000 jobs and going on over 250 interviews
- The friendship with HR managers in creative fields, as well as marketing, design, and others.
- The knowledge of what it’s like to work for a start up and what they are looking for.
- The willingness to ask people like my company’s CEO how they would respond to things
And most of all,
What I have is heart. I love, absolutely love, helping people find their dream jobs. I would do all of this for free if I could. (So if anyone stumbles upon a trust fund for me, let me know).
I know what it’s like to completely switch career fields. I know what it’s like to work and work thinking you’re going to end up in one (ahem law) and go in a completely different route.
I know what it’s like to have to explain these things to potential employers as well as your family and friends.
I know what it feels like to think WTF AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE and believing you’re alone and everyone has it figured out.
So yes, if you’re searching for someone who knows the corporate world or who works in banking or finance, then I’m not your woman.
But if you’re looking for someone who knows how to combine heart, soul, and hustle to help you find your dream job, then hit me up. I’m always here to help.